Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Dairy Free Yogurt Pancakes

Joanne's Dairy-Free Yogurt Pancakes
Currently I'm fasting from dairy products. I used to have dairy only rarely, but somehow I'd fallen into having it pretty regularly. Goat cheese, Greek yogurt in smoothies, feta cheese on my salads - it seemed like I was having dairy everyday. The final straw was when someone gave me a container of Lactaid chocolate ice cream and I ate the whole thing in one day. Ugh. I was full of mucous afterwards. I know better. I make "nice cream" from frozen bananas and it's delicious. I don't even need to eat ice cream.

My last published post was about Greek yogurt pancakes, and today I made a dairy-free version. BTW I've got a million posts in drafts, so pray I'll publish them soon.

I'm not quite doing a vegan fast, because I'm still having eggs (occasionally) and honey. But I am avoiding dairy and meat. That's an Ovo Vegetarian. If you are looking for vegan pancakes, I have some recipes on my Pinterest Bread, Pancakes, & Pastries board.


Plain yogurt pictured here, but I used vanilla yogurt.

The only real difference in this recipe from my Greek yogurt pancake recipe is the yogurt. Instead of Greek yogurt I used vanilla almond yogurt. The pancakes were still fluffy and delicious.


While my pancake batter was setting, I made some veggie sausage from Lightlife Foods. I found it at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section. The Schaumburg, Illinois store didn't have the frozen 365 sausage, but that worked out because I discovered this wonderful company. Lightlife aspires to make delicious plant based proteins without sacrificing the enjoyment people usually get from meat. I look forward to trying more of their products. The veggie sausage was good.

LightLife veggie sausage and almond yogurt pancakes

Ready to dig in to those pancakes

That's a big dab of vegan butter on top of those pancakes.


With food this good why would anyone miss dairy or meat?



Yummy!


My mother isn't a big pancake fan, but she couldn't stop raving about them.


Dairy free pancakes going quickly

Dry Ingredients

3/4 cup organic pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1-2 packets Stevia in the Raw (or 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar)
Pinch of salt (I like to use sea salt from a grinder)
Dash of Cinnamon (to taste)

Wet Ingredients
1 egg (beaten)
3/8 cup Vanilla Almond yogurt (6 tablespoons or 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
3/8 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tablespoon oil (coconut oil or grapeseed oil is great).

Instructions
Sift/combine dry ingredients in one bowl.
In another bowl mix the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, mixing after each addition.
Once combined let the batter sit for at least 5 minutes. This is a good time to prepare sides and heat the skillet.
Pour the batter in a nonstick or greased griddle to form pancakes.
Cook each side for about 2 minutes.

I served my pancakes with warm pure maple syrup and vegan butter. Please feel free to share your feedback, recipes, and questions.



ENJOY!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.