Friday, May 9, 2014

Spicy Vegan Veggie Dip

Roasted Cauliflower

While roasting an entire head of cauliflower from a recipe found on Huffington Post, I discovered the yogurt marinade was delicious uncooked all by itself. None of the ingredients require cooking in order to be safe or tasty so I decided to play around with them and make a veggie dip.


The original recipe called for Greek yogurt, but I used Almond yogurt because it's tasty and I have lactose issues. One 6 ounce container will make a small amount of dip. Use more yogurt for larger servings.

Plain Almond Yogurt


I stirred in about a tablespoon or less of lime juice. I'm sure fresh lime would be awesome.

Lime juice

The seasonings I used are:

  • chile powder
  • cumin
  • garlic powder
  • curry powder
  • kosher salt
  • black pepper

The roasted cauliflower recipe asks for large amounts of the spices (full teaspoons and tablespoons); but that's too much for a raw dip. I generously sprinkled in the spices according to my personal taste preferences.


Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Salt-Free Seasoning

Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime salt-free seasoning was the perfect addition with the other spices and lime juice.


I also sprinkled in a little nutritional yeast because it's healthy, tasty, and let's face it - I add it to almost everything.

Nutritional Yeast

I stirred in all the spices into the yogurt until it was fairly smooth. The yogurt can be a little lumpy initially.


Spicy Veggie Dip
The veggie dip is good on veggies such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and more. It's also great on chips such as black bean chips and tortillas. The dip is an easy, delicious option for those with dairy, soy, and/or gluten issues.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback.